Tuesday, 9 December 2014

MY NEW MANTRA

"Life is a story... make yours a best seller"
(Tweet this quote)



I often get compared to how I 'used to be'. I was carefree, crazy, broke, and HAPPY!

Then I thought that I needed to grow up... so I tried. I matured from that happy-go-lucky 18 year old into a 24 year old woman - and for the last 6 years I have been actively pursuing what others would call a 'successful' life.

I'm in a 'proper' 9-5 job earning not so much money - but it's what people would call a 'real' job. I'm pursuing a business degree part-time because we all need that 'bit of paper' to tell us we've succeeded and we're capable right?! I also live with my boyfriend of 5 years in a small one bedroom flat surrounded by our household comforts and hopefully a pet turtle... soon.

Now let me just emphasise that I am PURSUING a 'successful' life and I am by no means near what I would have called that goal. However, some reflection on my part has made me realise that I may just be barking up the wrong tree. How do we measure success? ... or more importantly, how do I want to measure MY success?

My answer? I have absolutely no idea. What I will do is document my progress and see how it goes from there...

I have no idea where this new mantra will take me and if I will manage to stick to it, but I'm going to try, and on that way attempt to record all of my thoughts and feelings, achievements breakthroughs and light-bulb moments right here.

I guess I'll be chasing life and ultimately... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment