"Most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare... but what about Mexican?!"
I recently came across a crazy recipe for haggis nachos and decided, since I'm a Scot who's favourite food is Mexican, this is my ideal dish!
I tweaked the recipe ever so slightly (completely) and just went on my own questionable culinary intuition. Here's what I did:
- One Old El Paso nacho kit. Includes: tortilla chips and lots of salsa
- One bag of grated mozzarella cheese
- One medium haggis
- Sour Cream
- More Salsa
- Sliced open the haggis bung and decanted in small chunks into a microwavable bowl.
- Microwaved on full power for 8 minutes.
- Poured the nachos and salsa into the oven dish and covered with cheese.
- Spooned the cooked haggis over the nachos and sprinkled a further helping of cheese on top.
- Put the finished dish in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese was completely melted.
Taste: This isn't crazy cuisine for no reason. The spicy flavour of the haggis however, surprisingly complimented the Mexican dish.
Appearance: I don't think you can do food art with this one... the haggis was almost black and when I took it from the oven I had to double take as I thought I had burned it for a second.
Should you be eating it on the sofa with a movie? - YES!
Should you be eating it when you're watching your figure? - DEFINITELY NOT!