Friday, 2 January 2015

DISCOVERING GOOD READS AND GOOD BOOKS

"Books fill my days... not to mention my bedroom, my living room, my dining room and my closet."


I've always thought of myself as very well read. An intellectual of sorts for all genre of books. So last month when I discovered good reads for the first time I was surprised at the lack of books I actually had under my belt.

When compiling my 'read' books section I started going through my most recent pursuit of 'Game of Thrones' or 'A Song of Ice & Fire' by George R.R Martin. I know - everyone is reading it, thanks HBO! Well... that clocked up 6. Now what? Oh! Harry Potter... seven more. Hunger Games... four more!

... Now I'm struggling. I didn't realise it was this bad. I started scouring from my school days - you know the compulsory reads from English class? Yep... three more!

Oh dear.. I guess I'm not as well read as I'd like to think.

As someone who likes to master lists this is a big problem. Because of this, I'd like to thank good reads from the bottom, most neglected part of my brain for reviving my interest in reading. There's something satisfying about finishing a book and adding to your 'read' list.

After several trips to Waterstones, endless browsing through Amazon and
staring at my kindle app to all hours of the night I've clocked up a significant number of books on my read list in the last few weeks.

All I'd like to say is long may it continue... and I'm officially a book worm!

Feel free to add me on Good Reads and stay up to date with my latest soiree of books.


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13414617

No comments:

Post a Comment