"Love is all you need, but a little bit of chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
Ever feel like baking a treat but just don't have the time? Me too! That's why when I came across a fab recipe for Chunky Monkey Cookies I just had to try it out. This recipe is quick and easy and can be done by anyone. A great one for the kids too! The ingredients are primarily banana and oats, so this one isn't too bad on the calories either - just watch how many you eat!
What I used:
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/3 unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven 170C/350F.
- Mash the banana.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one by one and stir.
- Top up with teaspoons of water or milk if it becomes too dry. Let the mix sit for 20 mins.
- Drop a table spoon of cookie mix onto an non greased baking tray
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the cookies with your choice of ice-cream.
Taste: The banana and apple taste delicious together with just a hint of peanut butter. I highly recommend serving with Mackie's butterscotch ice cream.
Appearance: Once out of the oven, the cocoa powder turns an unattractive dark brown and the oats give the cookies a lumpy texture, but don't be put off. They taste a lot better than they look!
Should you be getting the kids involved? - OF COURSE!
Will you be tempted to eat the lot in one sitting? - YES! (but try not to)