Wednesday, 25 March 2015

The Perks of Walking to Work

"I write this while waking to work. Perk!"


Must haves:
Comfy shoes 
Smartphone 
Music
Plenty of time 

1: A soul lifting low sun always sets my mood for the day. Inspired and happy! 


2: In a world that's always connected, a nice walk to myself always clears my head and gives me a good opportunity to let my thoughts take me on a journey that usually ends up in lots of ideas for blogging and life.

3: That's not to say I don't connect to the world while on my walk. With my smartphone at the ready I've got lots of time to catch up on emails, social media and jot down my blog ideas (see above) on my oh so useful blogger app. 

4: While plugged into my headphones I have full control over the music and can unashamedly listen to anything I want, as loud as I want, without the fear of others being subjected to my music overspill (not that they wouldn't love my expert taste in music). P.S - it's ok to dance! Especially when donning your fav tartan trousers... I know this isn't just me! 


5. Dropping past Starbucks for a chai latte and granola yoghurt, especially on a Monday, is a lovely morning treat. The beautiful views of Aberdeen's Marischal College help too!


6: Walking through old parts of the city gives an aura of escapism... with my coffee in hand and St Nicholas Kirk's morning bells ringing this is the ultimate holiday-esque feeling before I start my day. 



Not to mention walking is incredibly good for you! Mind, body and soul.

Verdict: All places have their unique perks, you just need to find them. Try it sometime. I guarantee you'll love it!

14 comments:

  1. Walking is amazing. I used to walk to school to work, well anywhere because I didn't have a car. It's a great time to think!
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Carmen! Walking is when I get to think the most clearly, without other things interrupting my train of thought. Definitely great for the soul. X

      Delete
  2. Great photos, thanks for sharing!

    https://www.bonaupetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice photos

    great post :)

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jadiee. I'll have a look at your new post now. X

      Delete
  4. oh I loooveeee walking! such a gorgeous commuting view you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I need to start walking to work! Thank you for such an inspirational post.

    simply-mode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helena. Yes you definitely should, you'll love it! X

      Delete
  6. lovely post !

    I am following you :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Marie. I'll check out your blog too. X

      Delete
  7. Walking can do so much good - a great way to clear the mind, and healthy ;)
    Great post. I am now following you and I really like your blog :)

    Cylia - http://noshandchat.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cylia. I certainly is a great way to clear the mind. Especially on a crisp, sunny morning. I'll check out your blog too. X

      Delete