Monday, 6 April 2015

My Top Book Quotes: The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavendar

"Love, as most know, follows its own timeline, disregarding our intentions or well-rehearsed plans."



Overview
Ava Lavendar is the heroine looking for normality when every thing about her life is anything but. Born with big feathery wings to a reclusive mother, sixteen year old Ava tries to fit in with her peers. Can she overcome her families tragic past, and can she overcome the physical hurdles that may stop her from ever finding true love? Leslye Walton's first novel drips with fantasy and mystical realism in a world that is almost believable.


My Kindle Highlights

"Love, as most know, follows its own timeline, disregarding our intentions or well-rehearsed plans."

"Happiness had a pungent scent, like the sourest lime or lemon. Broken hearts smelled surprisingly sweet. Sadness filled the air with a salty, sea-like redolence; death smelled like sadness."

"That world people inhabit before love. Some people called that place friendship; others called it confusing."

"Viviane let the words hang in the air between them for a moment, like a sweet pink cloud."

"How love arrived when you least expected it."

"Someone who said he didn’t want to hurt you eventually would."

"I turned to him and made a face. “What?” I asked. Rowe shrugged. “You. Just—you."

"There were worse ways to live than to live without love."

"She would never marry... What use did the heart have for jewellery anyway?"

"I loved you before, Ava. Let me love you still."

"You don’t have to carry it by yourself."


My GoodReads Verdict: 4/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Good quotes are the way to my heart. I'll have to add this book to my cart on Amazon. I'm in serious need for a good book haul. Any of recommendations?

    Z · JPOTTER

    ReplyDelete