Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Album Love: Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

"Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise. Run in the shadows, damn your love, damn your lies."



Overview: I've recently come back from seeing Fleetwood Mac at the Hydro in Glasgow - yes, Christine MacPhee was there too, yay! I noticed that the majority of the songs they performed were from their Rumours album, and I'm not surprised! They were phenomenal, and my love for Fleetwood Mac was renewed to the point I had this album on repeat.


Top Track: I'll be honest, my top track has been largely influenced by Stevie's AMAZING live performance, even better than the below... next time they're on tour, this is the track to wait for!


Other Noteworthy Tracks: Can I just list the rest of the album please? But seriously, I think Christine deserves a mention for her performance of Everywhere. Of course there's The Chain - you can't mention Fleetwood Mac without that track, especially Lindsey Buckingham's talent with the guitar

Verdict: Fleetwood Mac are classed as legendary classic rock genre. I was surprised at how tamed down the rock is on their records compared to how they are live. If you ever get the chance to see them, please do! Even in 2015, the insane talent of each member of Fleetwood Mac is incomparable to anyone else.

Rating: 10/10 - But you already knew that, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment