"Good things come to those who bake..."
Mmm, mmm, and MMM! Baked apples are my new favourite sweet treat, and not just because I can eat them (almost) guilt free, but because they are absolutely delicious. A fan of cinnamon? Then you're going to love this quick and easy recipe for marshmallow and cinnamon stuffed baked apples.
What I Used:
- 4 red apples
- Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Core the apples using an apple corer. Cut a section off the cored slice and plug the bottom of the apple.
- Slice the skin off the top of each apple. This evens the top.
- Sprinkle the centre of the apples with cinnamon and stuff with mini marshmallows. Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top!
- Pop the apples in a baking dish and pour half an inch water in the bottom to keep the apples moist when cooking.
- Bake for 60 - 80 minutes, but make sure to check on them every 15 minutes and top up the marshmallows if needed.
- Remove from the oven when the apples are soft. Be careful when you're removing from the tray, they can be very hot!
• Serve your apples while warm with extra helpings of whipped cream and cinnamon. You won't regret it!